Sub Title

The very purpose of existence is to reconcile the glowing opinion we hold of ourselves with the appalling things that other people think about us.

Quentin Crisp

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An Appetite For The Theatre

I became homeless in London.  By no ones fault but  my own.  I was starving to get into the theater. In my homeless travels, of park benches and empty fruit stalls, I met a very peculiar, nice man.  He gave me a hot bath and all the tea I wanted. He introduced  me to a leading actress who could introduce me to the important people theatre . A man with connections.   His uncle, or great,  worked for the Twining Tea Company.  He had a  closet chock full of Twining tea. I didn’t realize at the time, he had a few tawdry things in that closest as well.  Put it this way, being spanked by someone with influence was not my cup of tea. 

  So.   I ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment